You can call my assistant İnci Kullar at 0542 738 59 30 or text her with Whatsapp or personnaly contact with me through our “Contact us” page for any questions in your mind.
Frequently asked Questions
- Which age range is eligible for hair transplant?
The procedure can be performed at age range of 20 years to 70 years, if the person is healthy.
- Is hair transplantation an option also for women?
Women can receive hair transplant. Similar to men, women with hair problem require pre-treatment interview and hair analysis, before final decision is made.
- What are patient-factors that influence outcome of the hair transplant?
Age of the person, size of the bald area and enough “donor” hair sites at the posterior side of the neck are important factors.
- How many grafts can be transferred in one session?
This figure depends on number of hairs at the posterior side of the neck (the region between both ears). For patients with appropriate donor site, 3.000 to 3.500 hair follicles can be transferred in one session.
- How many hair strands grow from hair follicles harvested from the nape?
Hairs grow in groups from the follicular unit that contains 1 to 4 follicles at the nape.
- What should be taken into consideration by the hair transplant team while hair follicles are harvested from the nape?
It is necessary not to damage skin of the donor site and hair follicles, while hair follicles are picked up from the nape. The team should be experienced.
- What is the diameter of handpiece used to pick up follicles?
The handpieces used for this purpose measure 0.6 to 0.7 mm in diameter. A thinner handpiece may damage the hair follicles.
- How many sessions are required for hair transplant with FUE?
Hair transplant requires 3 to 4 sessions depending on the concentration of hairs in the nape.
- What is the interval between two sessions?
6 to 8 months should elapse to transplant hair follicles to the second region, where no hair was transplanted before. This time interval is sufficient to make the nape, where hair follicles are picked up, ready for the new session. If the nape is appropriate, Two Days FUE can be completed in 2 sessions within 2 days.
- Is it possible to transplant hair follicles to a region, where hair follicles were transplanted in the past?
If the person wants more concentrated hair in the same region or to match the concentration at the donor site with the nape, it is possible to transplant hair follicles again to the same region.
- When hair follicles can be transplanted again to the same region?
If the hair transplant intends increasing concentration of hair in the region, where hair follicles have been transplanted in the past, minimum 12 to 13 months or approximately 1 year should elapse. At this interval, hair follicles that have been already transplanted will continue growing. Exact outcomes of the procedure will be visible within 1 year. If deemed necessary, hair follicles can be transplanted again to the same recipient site to increase concentration of hair.
- Is it possible to recognize loss of hair in the nape after hair transplant?
For hair transplants performed by an experienced team, no loss of hair or disrupting appearance is seen in the nape even after second and third sessions. Hair concentration will be evenly distributed in the whole scalp.
- What are the factors that ensure natural appearance in the hair transplant?
Anterior hair line should be properly determined, satisfactory hair concentration should be ensured and hair angle and hair growth direction of the patient should be taken into consideration.
Beard / Mustache / Eyebrow Transplant
- What is the cause of beard loss?
Beard loss is not only secondary to autoimmune diseases, but it is also caused by skin disorders. In addition, the most critical picture is caused by hormonal imbalances. Testosterone, male sex hormone, should be analyzed when it is below the cut-off value. Beard loss may develop in alopecia areata.
- Who are eligible for beard transplantation?
Beard can be transplanted starting at age of 20 to 22 years, since hormones are at basal level at this age. Moreover, this procedure is preferred for men who have irregular or insufficient beard and want to grow sideburns and like appearance of stubbly beard. Beard transplant is performed not only for people with no beard, but also for patchy hairless areas in beard.
- How is beard transplanted?
Beard is transplanted using thin hair immediately above the nape line or hair follicles located above the ear. Similar to the hair transplant, FUE method is preferred for beard transplant.
- What is the postoperative period?
Blood supply to the recipient site is increased, resulting in small red rashes in hair follicles, in order to nourish the beard better. The light redness disappears in 1 to 2 weeks. A part of beard and moustache transplanted is lost 2 weeks later due to an event also known as shock loss. After this temporary loss, all transplants start growing 4 to 8 months later. The result is permanent and appears natural.
- What is moustache transplant and how is it performed?
Moustache transplant implies transferring hair follicles to the bald skin areas on upper lip. When FUE method is used for the transplant, it is possible to hide wound scar, incision scar, burn scar and losses at the location of moustache.
- What are causes of the eyebrow loss?
- Loss of eyebrow secondary to physical trauma, accident or burn,
- Loss of eyebrow due to systemic or local diseases or hypothyroidism,
- Congenital loss or absence of eyebrow due to congenital growth disorder,
- Trichotillomania, a tic disorder characterized with pulling out of eyebrows,
- Loss of eyebrow due to surgical and medical treatments (radiotherapy, chemotherapy, surgical excisions),
- In addition to above mentioned medical etiologies, the most common cause of the eyebrow loss is eyebrow plucking that intends re-contouring the eyebrow.
- Who requires eyebrow transplant?
Eyebrow transplant is an option for people who suffer from loss of eyebrow due to medical etiologies or inappropriate plucking, have thin eyebrow line or are not satisfied with the eyebrow line.
- Is there any alternative to eyebrow transplant?
Unfortunately, it is not possible stimulate re-growth of thin or lost eyebrow using cosmetic agents or medications. There is no permanent alternative for eyebrow loss except for the eyebrow transplant.
- What does eyebrow transplant mean?
For eyebrow transplant, hair follicles located in the subcutaneous tissue that are genetically resistant to the hair loss are picked from the nape between both ear and transferred to the subcutaneous tissue at the recipient site. The eyebrow transplanted is not loss or in other words, the outcome is permanent.
- How is FUE used for eyebrow transplant?
- In the preoperative interview, the new shape of the eyebrow line is decided by the person who will get the eyebrow transplant.
- Eyebrow transplantation is performed under local anesthesia.
- After preoperative preparations are completed, local anesthetic agent is delivered to donor and recipient sites.
- The person will be awake. The procedure takes 1 to 2 hours and it is possible to engage with daily activities immediately after the procedure.
- There is no restriction on taking shower.
- Redness and crust formations persist for several days after the procedure.
- The recipient site heals in 5 to 7 days.
- Eyebrows will grow gradually.
- They start growing in first several months, but the full-length growth requires 6 to 8 months.
- Where hair follicles are picked up for FUE?
Hair follicles are used for eyebrow transplantation with FUE method. Hair follicles are picked up from a location that is close to the nape between two ears at the posterior side of the scalp. Single-strand and gentle hair follicles exist at this location; single-strand hair follicles are especially required for eyebrow transplant with natural appearance.
- What should be taken into consideration for FUE eyebrow transplant?
Eyebrows differ from scalp hair in many aspects. Eyebrow strands grow at narrower angle to the skin in comparison with the scalp hair. The growth direction is steeper at medial sides – closer to the nose-, but they grow more horizontally at the lateral end. Moreover, eyebrows are formed by single-strand hair follicles. Eyebrow transplant requires much more care and attention in comparison to the hair transplant. The first step should be selecting a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon and hair restoration clinic.
For eyebrow transplant, it is necessary to select single-strand hair follicles. FUE eyebrow transplantation meets this requirement. Single-strand hair follicles are placed into micro-canals that are carefully drilled in the skin in order to avoid scar formation. When those canals are drilled, it is necessary to stick to the pre-determined shape of eyebrow. Growth direction of existing eyebrow and angle of the eyebrow strand relative to the skin should be taken into consideration. Thus, appearance will be so natural that it cannot be recognized by others.
- How many follicles are transplanted in eyebrow transplant?
Number of hair follicles varies depending on status of the eyebrow loss and the recipient site that is requested by the patient. Mean 500 to 700 hair follicles are transplanted.
- How is the new shape of the eyebrow line decided?
Plastic surgery practice clearly defines how an aesthetic shape of eyebrow is planned. Views of the patient are necessarily obtained and the new shape is planned to meet needs of the patient; accordingly, eyebrow is transplanted in accordance with this new shape plan. It is always reasonable to transplant hair follicles a bit thicker than planned. Thicker eyebrows can be easily plucked into the desired shape.
- What kind of problems (complications) is likely in eyebrow transplant?
Transplanted eyebrows grow much quicker than normal. Therefore, you need to trim your new eyebrows at weekly intervals soon after the transplant. The growth will decelerate over the time.
- Are outcomes of the eyebrow transplant permanent?
Yes, hair growth after eyebrow transplant will be permanent. Eyebrow hairs will continue growing for life and they do not vary from native eyebrow hairs.